Date: July 6, 2019
Event: Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix (Round 7 of 10)
Series: Daytona Prototype international division of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
Location: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Bowmanville, Ontario (2.459-mile, 10-turn road course)
Pole Winner: Colin Braun of Core Autosport (1:05.452 at 135.250 mph – track record)
Result: 8th by Jordan Taylor (1:06.250 at 133.621 mph)
The No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R will start Sunday’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix from the outside of the fourth row after IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship qualifying Saturday at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Bowmanville, Ontario.
Jordan, who finished second here a year ago this weekend with full-time co-driver Renger van der Zande, clocked a fast lap of 1 minute, 6.250 seconds at 133.621 mph around the 2.459-mile, 10-turn road course. It was good for eighth among the 34 car-and-driver combinations that will take the green flag for Sunday’s two-hour, 40-minute race.
“I thought it was a decent qualifying effort, kind of where we expected to be behind the Nissan, the Mazdas and the Acuras and in the mix with the Cadillacs,” said Taylor, who won this race in 2015 with his older brother Ricky Taylor and has four podium finishes the past five seasons here. “It’s not where we want to be, obviously, but I think with the way the rules are written right now, we’re in the position we’re expected to be. It’s a pretty long race – two hours and 40 minutes – and a lot can happen, so hopefully we can work some strategy magic and get a podium out of it, at least.”
The top-five qualifiers for Sunday’s Mobil 1 SportsCar Grand Prix are:
1. Core Autosport (No. 54 Nissan DPi) Colin Braun and Jonathan Bennett (1:05.452 at 135.250 mph – track record)
2. Acura Team Penske (No. 7 Acura DPi) Helio Castroneves and Ricky Taylor (1:05.526 at 135.097 mph)
3. Mazda Team Joest (No. 55 Mazda DPi) Jonathan Bomarito and Harry Tincknell (1:05.780 at 134.575 mph)
4. Acura Team Penske (No. 6 Acura DPi) Juan Montoya and Dane Cameron (1:05.872 at 134.387 mph)
5. Mazda Team Joest (No. 77 Mazda DPi) Tristan Nunez and Oliver Jarvis (1:05.913 at 134.304 mph)
The green flag flies at 1:05 p.m. EDT Sunday with live television provided by the NBC broadcast network beginning at 1 p.m. Live timing and scoring and in-car camera video will be available at IMSA.com.