Date: March 17, 2017
Event: 65th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring (Round 2 of 10)
Series: Prototype division of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship
Location: Sebring (Fla.) International Raceway (3.74-mile, 17-turn road course)
Pole Winner: Sebastien Buemi of Rebellion Racing (1:48.178 at 124.4 mph)
Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R: 6th by Ricky Taylor (1:49.541 at 122.8 mph)
The No. 10 Konica Minolta Cadillac DPi-V.R will start the 65th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring from the outside of the third row after IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship qualifying Friday afternoon at Sebring (Fla.) International Raceway.
Ricky Taylor, who’s sharing the cockpit with his brother and full-time co-driver Jordan Taylor, and new third driver Alex Lynn of Great Britain, drove a fast lap of 1 minute, 49.541 seconds at 122.8 mph around the 3.74-mile, 17-turn Sebring layout. It was good for sixth overall among 46 car-and-driver combinations that will take the green flag Saturday for 12-hour endurance marathon.
“The track conditions are different today – it is hotter,” said Ricky Taylor, who opened the season with a victory at the Rolex 24 At Daytona alongside his brother, Max “The Ax” Angelelli and four-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Jeff Gordon. “This is probably more representative of what the conditions will be like tomorrow in the race. We can adapt to it. We have a good car for the long runs, which is more important for the race. I have not lost any confidence in the Konica Minolta Cadillac. In the heat, we weren’t perfect today. The guys are focusing on the racecar for the race tomorrow. No real problems, just a change of conditions, which is to be expected here at Sebring. We will be ready for 12 hours of racing tomorrow.”
The top-five qualifiers for Saturday’s 65th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring are:
1. Rebellion Racing (No. 13 ORECA) with Sebastien Buemi, Nick Heidfeld, Neel Jani (1:48.178 at 124.4 mph)
2. Action Express Racing (No. 5 Cadillac DPi-V.R) with Christian Fittipaldi, Joao Barbosa, Filipe Albuquerque (1:48.273 at 124.3 mph)
3. Action Express Racing (No. 31 Cadillac DPi-V.R) with Dane Cameron, Eric Curran and Simon Pagenaud (1:48.314 at 124.2 mph)
4. PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports (No. 52 Ligier) with Jose Gutierrez, Michael Guasch, Tom Kimber-Smith (1:49.056 at 123.4 mph)
5. Extreme Speed Motorsports (No. 22 Nissan DPi) with Brendan Hartley, Johannes van Overbeek, Bruno Senna, Ed Brown (1:49.103 at 123.3 mph)
The green flag flies at 10:40 a.m. EDT Saturday with live television on FS1, which will join the race in progress at 12:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. The race in its entirety will be streamed live on the FOXSportsGO app beginning at 10:30 a.m. Live timing and scoring during all on-track sessions is available at IMSA.com and the IMSA smartphone app.